The First Passover – Exodus 12
The LORD gave Moses and Aaron very specific instructions to give to His people. Simply put…
1. From now on, this month will be the first month of the year for you.
2. On the tenth day of this month, choose a lamb or goat, perfect, without blemish, to sacrifice.
3. Share the lamb if your family is too small to eat the entire animal.
4. Take special care of the lamb until the fourteenth day of this month.
5. Slaughter the lamb.
6. Smear some of it’s blood on the top and sides of the door frame
of your home, where the lamb will be eaten.
7. Eat ALL of the roasted lamb. Do not leave any of it. Burn up what is not eaten.
8. Where traveling clothes as you eat.
9. Eat quickly.
10. This is the LORD’s Passover.
“On that night I will pass through the land of Egypt and kill all the first born sons and firstborn make animals in the land of Egypt. I will execute judgement against all the gods of Egypt, for I am the LORD!”
“The blood you have smeared on your doorposts will serve as a sign. When I see the blood, I will pass over you. This plague of death will not touch you when I strike the land of Egypt.”
“You must remember this day forever.” Exodus 12, NLT
We cannot lie to God. God sees and knows us, inside out. Will His judgment pass over us? What is our sign? Will He see the “blood of the Lamb” in our households, in our hearts? Are we washed clean by the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ? This is the beginning of the forever covenant between God and His created humanity.
“Are You Washed In the Blood?” And old hymn that has my heart crying out for my family, friends and those I see occasionally as we work and go about our day. Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for Your Word that reminds us of YOU and Your saving grace. I pray passionately for all who I know that don’t know You or just have put You aside for awhile. Bring them back. Begin with me. Change MY heart to be all You intended for me to be. Then use me to help others do the same. In Jesus Name. Amen